Rural Business of the Year
Recognising outstanding and innovative growing businesses based in rural areas. The award celebrates and acknowledges the achievements of rural business from poultry farming to Kelvin Probe Technology - our category is open to all business who not only survive but thrive in rural environments.
Judges will be looking for demonstrable excellence in the below:
- Evidence of outperformance of the market
- Evidence of meeting and exceeding customer demands
- Evidence of innovation
- Evidence of growth
- Evidence of benefits to local area
- Demonstration of growth despite rural constraints
- Evidence of why rural location is better than an urban one
The judges said:
Poultry farmers LJ Fairburn & Son have demonstrated genuine innovation in an industry that has been around for hundreds of years. The family owners have shown a huge personal and financial commitment with a brave business plan and strong leadership.