Rural Business of the Year
Recognising outstanding and innovative growing businesses based in rural areas. The award celebrates and acknowledges the achievements of rural businesses - from poultry farming to Kelvin Probe Technology - our category is open to all business who not only survive but thrive in rural environments.
Judges will be looking for demonstrable excellence in the below:
- Evidence of outperformance of the market
- Evidence of meeting and exceeding customer demands
- Evidence of innovation
- Evidence of growth
- Evidence of benefits to local area
- Demonstration of growth despite rural constraints
- Evidence of why rural location is better than an urban one
The judges said:
Poultry farmers LJ Fairburn & Son have demonstrated genuine innovation in an industry that has been around for hundreds of years. The family owners have shown a huge personal and financial commitment with a brave business plan and strong leadership.