Entrepreneur of the Year
Our biggest individual accolade, presented to a very special entrepreneur. Candidates can be long-standing, established entrepreneurs with a track record of business success and excellence; or newer entrepreneurs who are challenging industry norms and demonstrating exceptional achievement.
Entrepreneurs should ensure they meet the below criteria:
- Strong track record of commercial success (in current and/or previous businesses)
- Evidence of the creation of a major scaleable business or brand
- Outstanding personal ambition and vision
- Strong and positive leadership of your business and workforce
- Demonstrable impact on your industry, either as a disruptor or in setting high standards over a longer period
- Setting and driving a positive agenda of business-growth, success best practice, including but not limited to
- Fostering positive public understanding of entrepreneurship
- Demonstrating positive impact through CSR, ESG and charitable activities
- Displaying a positive impact on the local community
- Demonstrating an impact on international markets and furthering of UK economic growth
The judges said:
Dr Graeme Malcolm has a rare level of deep scientific expertise combined with exceptional business acumen and leadership. The work he is doing at M Squared is producing multiple societal and business benefits and the company is also showing huge revenue growth. He is an incredible innovator and entrepreneur.